Recently, I was invited to the opening of the newest preschool in Makati, Carsoncrest International School. It is located in Kamagong St., Brgy. San Antonio, Makati City. It is an innovative preschool as it will use the International Preschool Curriculum in teaching children 2-5 year olds.
What makes Carsoncrest International School unique among other preschools?
- It uses an open-concept classrooms to encourage student socialization
- Has small class groups for close supervision and intimate interaction (maximum of 12 students per class)
- Employs IPC-trained teachers to deliver its curricula
- Has a wide library collection to nurture the love for reading
- Has a well-equipped play area to let children's imaginations run free
- Is air-conditioned for the comfort and safety of students and employees
- Has a professional staff to assist in your every need
- Has a tie-up with a hospital for medical assistance or emergencies
- Provides accident insurance coverage in and out of the school for each student
- Employs CCTV cameras that can be accessed via mobile phones
Carsoncrest International School is a promising school for our children. The president, Mr. Sonny del Rosario, envisions it to become an integrated school with levels all the way up to senior high school.
I mentioned above that Carsoncrest International School uses International Preschool Curriculum. It is a rigorously researched and peer-reviewed program designed by Clarenter Education, U.S. It consists of 56 thematic units encompassing six trans-disciplinary content learning areas:
- Language Arts
- Socio-Emotional Skills
- Creative and Visual Arts
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills
International Preschool Curriculum aims to raise a global and holistic child. With this, IPC gives special focus on internationalism, multilingualism, and diversity. In order to achieve that, the IPC will base its lessons through:
- Objective-based--has clearly defined objectives designed to facilitate assessment and highlight areas of student progress or concern
- Inquiry-based--limited aspects of inquiry based education designed to spark and maintain interest levels
- Play-based--by making learning fun, children are exposed to a learning environment that is second nature
- Developmentally-appropriate--the IPC believes that all children develop at varying paces not necessarily defined by age
- Family involvement--the IPC believes that families should be at the center of their child's education
Start building the foundation of your child's future at Carsoncrest International School!
To know more about Carsoncrest International School, you may visit their website at www.carsoncrestinternationalschoo.org. You can also contact them via email at email@example.com or via landline (02-9032602) or mobile (0915-3317392). Carsoncrest International School is at G/F 9707 Kamagong St., San Antonio, Makati City.