Nokia also joined the smartphone bandwagon, but since they used Windows OS, there were only few things that you can do with it. Because of this, Nokia shut down its operations in 2016, leaving thousands of workers unemployed.
I got excited when Nokia relaunched this year, and this time they are coming back with a vengeance.
They first released the smartphone version of Nokia 3310, followed by Nokia 3, 5, and 6.
Last Friday, September 29th, the latest Nokia smartphone was launched in the market, Nokia 8 by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones.
|Nokia 8 on my hands...it's lightweight and has aluminum casing|
Nokia 8's entry into the Philippine market reflects Nokia's vision of growing its smartphone business in the country, which is considered the fastest-growing smartphone market in the Southeast Asia region.
Shannon Mead, Country Manager of HMD Global, is very positive on how Filipinos will respond to the comeback of Nokia in the market. "The Philippines has always been a strong market for Nokia, especially for those in the provinces. We want to continue broadening and deepening our reach in the country, especially in the untapped provinces that need high-quality mobile communication technologies," he said.
HMD Global is looking to position Nokia as the go-to smartphone for Filipinos across the different market segments. "Nokia will continue to leverage quality and innovation to serve the thriving smartphone market." Mead added.
Nokia 8's unique features
Nokia 8 brings mobile communication technology to a new level and marks three world firsts for Android smartphones.
- Dual Sight Camera--Nokia 8 features the first-ever Dual Sight camera, which allows the users to capture or livestream moments in both first- and second-person perspective. The 13MP front and rear cameras, co-developed by Zeiss, can run simultaneously and show images in split-screen mode, inspiring everyone to "be less selfie, be more bothie".
This special feature is perfect for those people who like taking photos and videos, but
having a hard time switching from one camera to another. It's also ideal for doing
Facebook live, because while the person is speaking, he/she can also show what is
happening around him/her.
|You can do bothie in either landscape or portrait orientations|
- OZO Audio--the use of OZO audio to deliver immersive 360-degree spatial surround sound is perfect for movie watching using Nokia 8. It can also capture good audio quality when recording videos as well. This high-fidelity playback complements 4K videos and brings Hollywood technology in mobile technology.
|Powerful sound coming out of this light and thin mobile phone|
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835--Nokia 8 is powered by this powerful processor. It features a seamless unibody with a full-length graphite shielded copper cooling pipe for better heat dissipation, especially when running demanding applications. It runs on Android Nugget 7.1.1 and comes in single- and dual-SIM variants.
|The power of Nokia 8 due to Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
Mead shows his enthusiasm about the new features of Nokia 8. "Nokia's latest innovation reflects its commitment to connect people with technology that breaks new ground while reinforcing old foundations. The Nokia 8 combines premium design and powerful performance to enable smartphone users to create and share experiences in many new ways. We are excited about the positive feedback about Nokia smartphones and look forward to engaging the country's robust mobile phone market even more in the coming days," he added.
Here are the other features of Nokia 8:
- CPU: Octa core
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Dimensions; 142x71.8x8.9mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colors: Tempered Blue and Polished Blue
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.3-inch screen
- Audio: Nokia OZO Speakers, 3.5mm jack
- Card slot: microSB up to 256GB (sim slot 2)
- Memory: 4GB RAM -- 6GB RAM / 64GB -- 128GB
- 4G Network: LTE FDD 800/1800/2100/2600 MHz
- SIM slots: single- and dual-SIM variants
- DATA: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA+, LTE
- Bluetooth: BT 5.0
- Rear: 13MP LED flash
- Front: 13MP fixed-focus
- Radio: Yes
- GPS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Battery Type: non-removable 3090mAh Li-ion battery
Nokia 8's SRP is Php29,990.
With these features, the money that you will spent on Nokia 8 is worth every centavo.
Head on to your favorite mobile phone store and get the latest Nokia smartphone!
To know more about Nokia, you may visit their website at www.nokia.com. You may also follow their Facebook account for updates.