Mother's Day is always celebrated every second Sunday of May. However, there were historical accounts that Mother's Day was celebrated by ancient Greeks and Romans. There are other records that Mother's Day started in UK. Moreover, two women, Anna Jarvis and Julia Ward Howe also made this special day for mothers special too. Whether the origins of Mother's Day came from the ancient or modern times, what's more important is that there is a special day in our calendar where we can honor our mothers and thank them for all the sacrifices they made in raising up a good family.
They say being a mother is the toughest job in the world. They work 24/7, no holidays, does multiple roles in the family (a chef, a doctor, a gardener, teacher, driver, etc., yet not every one in the family recognizes his/her mother's efforts. Well, this is your chance to show how much you value and love your mom!
I am proud to say that I have a wonderful son. At times, he would cook for me and serve me breakfast in bed. He would also give me a massage and open doors for me. He would also gladly does chores at home. I have written in my blog on how my son treated me like a queen on one Mother's Day celebration (read it here).
Solane, the leading provider of LPG solutions at home and companies, reminds everyone to show their love and appreciation to the woman who ceaselessly devotes herself to the family. This occasion is another moment that falls in perfectly with Solane's Dapat Lang campaign, a program that emphasizes the importance of doing the right thing--for the family, for others, and society as a whole.
Dapat lang we honor and make our mothers feel special, and we can definitely do so through these five simple heartwarming deeds:
- Cook breakfast for mom. Mothers are usually the first ones to wake up early to prepare meals and baon for the kids. This time around, let mom sleep a little longer and prepare her favorite breakfast food. Make it even more special and let her have breakfast in bed. Not only will mom admire the gesture, but it's also guaranteed to be a good kick-start to Mother's Day.
- Let mom enjoy a work-free day. Being head of the household means overseeing if the house is clean, ensuring the pantry is stocked with food, and cooking food for the family. Without a doubt, it can get tiring for our moms. On Mother's Day, help her by volunteering to do the household chores and let her sit back and relax.
- Spend time together. Set other aside all other plans and enjoy the rest of the day with mom. Gather the whole family together and celebrate an adventure-filled day like a picnic in the park, outdoor barbecue, a hike or swim, or an out-of-town trip. This will definitely make mom feel special!
- Pamper our mom. This is the perfect time to make our mothers feel like queens for a day. After all the chores she's been doing, treat her to a quick session of mani-pedi, an hour worth of massage, or even something as simple as putting cucumber slices on her face for an affordable at-home facial that will immediately make her feel like royalty.
- Surprise mom with a simple gift. Celebrating Mother's Day doesn't have to be grand or expensive. Simple gestures like making a hand-made card with a short but sweet message, offering a long-stemmed rose, or baking a cake will surely warm her heart. As they say, it's the thought that counts!
Whatever your plans may be this coming Mother's Day, make your moms feel special on this day! Treat her like a queen! Don't forget to say "I love you" and say affirmations to her. Dapat lang!